Question about new (?) upgrade graphics card for Cube

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi all!

May I ask you technical consultation, please?

I have a Cube, and I'm looking for upgrade graphics card.

GeForce 3 ADC for CUBE is still expensive on eBay.

Apple begins sale Radeon X850 XT:

http://topmac.blogspot.com/2005/06/r...for-power.html

Will it work in the Cube?

Yes/No -- why, how, ext. Comment, please.

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    According to the screen shot below and as far I as remember the G4 Cube had 1 AGP port that was 2X. Now I don't know too much about the new X850XT but that is an 8X Card. So unless it is compatiable with 2X-8X (like I said I'm not sure) then it would not work in the Cube. However I am solely posting this so you will know what the specs of your Cube is so you can possibly chose a different card as well. Even if the X850XT did fit into the Cube I don't see where you would gain that much performance over say another video card.

• Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by mhasman

Hi all!

May I ask you technical consultation, please?

I have a Cube, and I'm looking for upgrade graphics card.

Hi there.

couple quick options - flashed PC GeForce 5200 and flashed PC ATI 9200. I have a 128MB 9200 in my cube and i'm happy with it.

check out the forums at CubeOwner for serious cubeheads - there's a video subforum.

keep that cube rockin

nathan
  • Reply 3 of 5
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    You should check out the forums at CubeOwner.

Even a radeon 9800 pro fits in a cube...
  • Reply 4 of 5
    exhibit_13exhibit_13 Posts: 110member
    o4blackwrx, what program is that screenshot of? i want to get more information on my computers, and whatever program that is would tell me what i need to know that system profiler doesn't. thanks in advance
  • Reply 5 of 5
    o4blackwrxo4blackwrx Posts: 383member
    Quote:

Originally posted by exhibit_13

o4blackwrx, what program is that screenshot of? i want to get more information on my computers, and whatever program that is would tell me what i need to know that system profiler doesn't. thanks in advance

The program is called Mactracker and is a very informative program. You can find out anything about any mac ever made. I guess this is a true geeks dream program for Apple Computers.