Cold Fusion

JRun

Authorware

Site Spring

Anyone have any insight???

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Most Macromedia products haven't even been given a tentative release date. Macromedia's been really quiet on when OS X versions of their programs are coming out.

I've got a gut feeling most of them will be out by the end of Macworld Tokyo, though.

Just a gut feeling.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    [quote]Originally posted by Dave K.:

<strong>And what about the following conversions for Mac OS X:

HomeSite

Cold Fusion

JRun

Authorware

Site Spring

Anyone have any insight???</strong><hr></blockquote>

No insight, but I have conjecture:

HomeSite

Will never ever ever happen. Macromedia's DW team like BBEdit too much and BareBones aint selling. They also would never get most people to switch and they know it.

Cold Fusion

This we may well see in version 6, or possibly a 5.5 release. It already runs on *ix, right? So it's (though not a small task) not all that tough to bring it to OS X.

Site Spring

I don't think Site Spring will make it in its current incarnation: it simply isn't usefull enough to a small shop for the price, nor scalable enough for a truly large shop.

Without some major re-thinking of what it is and what it ought to do, it will not make it past version 2, let alone make it to OS X.

Authorware

Authorware? What is authorware?

Acutally, that's my answer... will not happen as it's such a niche market. I'm amazed you can still buy it. Can you say "Drumbeat."

JRun

This I truly have no idea about. It probably depends on how popular OS X becomes as a hosting platform. If'n Apple were to start making a 4 or 8 processor iRack server or something, then for sure, will happen.