Airport Express - Password problem

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi, although I am pretty confident I am using the correct password, I can nog access the configure Airport Admin Utility on my Airport Express wireless station. All is functioning correctly but I want to change the WPA password.

Will a soft reset solve this, or is there another way to fix this?

Thx, Marc

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    wingnutwingnut Posts: 197member
    I'm pretty sure you'll have to reset it. I mean, isn't that the purpose of the password? Check the documentation to see how to do it. I think it even tells you what to do if you forget the password. If I'm not mistaken, you may have to do a hard reset, since a soft reset simply restarts the router.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    makkemakke Posts: 16member
    According to the documentation this can be done via a soft reset, but I have not been able to yet. But I will try again later on, I did not disconnet the Ethernet cable as indicated in the instructions.

I did remember my password in the end (rather I tried a different variation), and am able to update the Base Station. However, apparently the link between my PowerBook and the Base Station is gone, previously I did not have to choose my wireless network manually in the Airport Extreme status bar, now I have to. Also the base station does not list automatically when I open the Airport Admin Utility, I have to choose other to connect for updates.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    rob010rob010 Posts: 10member
    Hi

I also have an airport express base station and anytime I change the WAP/WEP password I loose the connection with my macs.

All you need to do is change the password on your PB to the new one and it will see the network connection automatically again.

Rob 8)