Problems with adelphia internet

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Ok, so I just got Adelphia cable internet set up. I have a motorola surboard cable modem connected to a D-Link 514 router. My old Dell PC (running XP) is connected physically to the router, while my ibook (10.4) is connected wirelessly. I'm online with the PC, but I can't get the ibook to connect to the internet. It's connected to the router and picking up a full signal (i can connect to the shared folders on my PC), I just can't get online with it.

Any ideas? I've tried restarting everything in the setup to no avail. Unless I'm just doing it in the wrong order. I've done everything it said to do in the setup guide, and the connection with my PC is working perfectly. Just can't get the ibook online. Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    vtprinzvtprinz Posts: 25member
    Ok, so I've found that I can connect the ibook to the internet if it's hardwired to the router, but not when it's connected wirelessly. Any suggestions?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    vtprinzvtprinz Posts: 25member
    Gah, just figured it out, had the ethernet address listed under the MAC filter instead of the airport address (didnt' realize there was a different one for each). All is fine now.