Pithhelmet Uninstallation Issues

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hey all,

I'm trying to uninstall Pith Helmet as it is causing Safari to crash and have run into some problems. I did a search for pithhelmet in safari, and deleted all of the results. However, it has not uninstalled the menu icon so I have no idea if its on my computer. Does anyone have any ideas? I don't know what version I am running because the menu icon won't work.

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    From the website...

Quote:

2.2 Uninstalling PithHelmet

Removing (trashing) the PithHelmet.bundle from /Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins folder will effectively remove PithHelmet from Safari.

For reference, here is a complete list of installed items:

* /Library/InputManagers/SIMBL - (more info)

* /Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins/PithHelmet.bundle - this is the actual code section of PithHelmet - this is what gets upgraded

* /Library/Frameworks/DuctTape.framework - a framework I wrote for my plug-ins and applications

* ~/Library/Application Support/PithHelmet/PithHelmet.log - logs all blocked urls if logging is enabled

* ~/Library/Application Support/PithHelmet/com.apple.Safari/PHRuleSet.ka - stores all the rules

• Reply 2 of 2
    Thanks for the info... I found out what i was doing wrong - looking in my account library rather than the system wide library.

Seems to be in shape now though.

Thanks again.