Flicker dots problem w/transitions in FCE HD

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hello,

For some reason, when I apply transitions or use the rubberband bar to do fades in Final Cut Express HD when I view it on the canvas I see little white dots flickering during the transitions...Any idea on what's causing this? b/c when it goes to tape and you play it on a bigger monitor it looks bad...

And for some reason I also get this dot flickering if I export the video clip to quicktime....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    man you're really having some weird problems in fce \ i don't have an answer for this one, but i'm pretty sure that this isn't some obvious error on your part, if that's any consolation...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    o-maco-mac Posts: 777member
    Could it be a Quicktime 7 issue? Becuase this never happened before and I think this could have started when I upgraded to Quicktime 7 Pro
  • Reply 3 of 4
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    As I posted in another thread, have you rendered first, or are you playing it in real time? Render it first.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    o-maco-mac Posts: 777member
    I've rendered first. It's as i'm watching it on the timeline that those artifacts appear...and get this, if I double click on the clip and watch it individually it looks fine. AND, it looks like if I copy the clip out to another temp sequence then copy it back OR bring down the clip again from the master, it's fine. But do I really want to redo EVERY bad clip again? It's also not happening to every clip...