in Mac Software edited January 2014
Still haven't seen them on shelf in my local area

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    still waiting for our shipment
  • Reply 2 of 8
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    I just received it today (yesterday in actuality) and installed it on my Ti 500 but I'm new to the program and am, therefore, stuck reading the (long) manuals and wasting my time. It is a gem of a program though and I'm looking forward to becoming experienced. I'm waiting for my AE 5.5 upgrade to come in; it's still on backorder though I thought it shipped last Friday.

[ 01-01-2002: Message edited by: cooop ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 8
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    After Effects was supposed to be shipping last Friday but it didn't. I was one of those waiting for it too

I just browsed Apple's own support site. I found lots of people do have the upgrade CD installation problem.

1) Can't find the ID key

2) Installer just hangs and does nothing

3) Won't allow you to run the app after installation

I was thinking about getting the upgrade but look at these problems I think I should wait until Apple is doing something....
  • Reply 4 of 8
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    I have mine, I got it about a week and a half ago, and it works wonderfully! I have encountered no problems what so ever and the new features(even though my computer does not support them,) work wonderfully as well!

any other questions?
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Now I have another question.

I was told that the CD is copy-protected. Is it true?

I usually make CD backup to each Application CDs that I have. Leave the copy home and the original in bank. In case if I lose the disc I have a final backup.

What can I do in this case?
  • Reply 6 of 8
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    Is there an easy way to determine if a disk is copy-protected?
  • Reply 7 of 8
    [quote]Originally posted by cooop:

<strong>Is there an easy way to determine if a disk is copy-protected?</strong><hr></blockquote>

When Toast finishes burning the disc and does the verification and you see the in/out, or something like type 51 error or whatever that means the CD is copy-protected.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    The first time you run the app, FCP asks for the original installer cd-rom, I would guess it is copy protected.

Also check out my RT hack for enabling G4 RT FX on unsupported machines and enabling more simultaneus FX on slover machines:

<a href="http://homepage.mac.com/a_holck/"; target="_blank">http://homepage.mac.com/a_holck/</a>;