Switzerland to get Apple retail store

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple Computer plans to open its first Switzerland-based brick and mortar retail store, an overseas Apple official has confirmed.

In an interview with FACTS magazine, Apple Switzerland board member and now interim CEO of the nation's Apple Retail division, Walter Müllhaupt, said the Mac maker in the near future will open a flagship retail store in Zurich.

Müllhaupt declined to provide specific details, such as an exact location or time for the store opening. However, the report implies that Apple Americas is overseeing the operation from its headquarters in Cupertino, Calif.

The store is not likely to open until next year, the report adds.

Switzerland, which is home to around 100 Apple authorized resellers, would be the fourth country outside the US to gain an Apple retail presence. Apple currently operates international retails stores in the UK, Japan, and Canada.

During Apple's previous fiscal quarter, its retail stores generated a $29m profit on sales of $555m, drawing more than 12 million shoppers over the three-month period.

Sometime in the next two years Apple is also expected to expand its retail initiative to Germany, France, and Australia.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Well Apple's marketshare here in Switzerland is around 20% . So it's probably reasonable to build a store here. Cool though, since I live about 20 minutes from Zurich.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Thank you Apple, and now you may bring on the DualCore G5's!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    mugwumpmugwump Posts: 233member
    Interesting, as I just got back from Zurich and a wonderful hotel in Sils Maria -- I did noticed a few Apple shops in Zurich and thought how the Swiss may appreciate the whole Apple approach to computing.

Glad to see a potential Apple store there, if this report holds true...