Adobe is pissing me off!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
They should have told me when I was placing an order.

My current After Effects 5.0 licence is for Windows. When I phoned Adobe and asked the cost for the cross-platform upgrade to 5.5 the rep told me the price should be the same $99 US.

Sounded good....so I ordered it.

However today I got a call from another rep in Adobe and he told me that the rep I talked to made a mistake. He told me I have to pay extra $100US for the cross-platform upgrade.

Then I said it wasn't my problem, it's there's. We had a fight on phone for over half an hour and no result. If I have to upgrade I have to pay that extra. F*ck that. I cancelled that order and also InDesign 2

Adobe = Bastard

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    at least they called you back.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Leonis, Bill the extra charges on your next few clients...they'll never know :eek:
  • Reply 3 of 7
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    Just out of curiosity, did they happen to tell you when the rest of us can expect our upgrade? Don't worry, I feel your pain.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    [quote]Originally posted by cooop:

<strong>Just out of curiosity, did they happen to tell you when the rest of us can expect our upgrade? Don't worry, I feel your pain.</strong><hr></blockquote>

The rep couldn't tell me when AE will ship even the ETA from EMJ is stated Dec 28th, 2001
  • Reply 5 of 7
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Wow. That sucks. But it sounds like the person you originally talked to was just trying to get a quick sell and didn't know his / her facts...then the billing department had to straighten it out. But like the other person said, at least they called and didn't debit the extra $100 without asking. That would be truly Quark-like.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    That's really rotten. If those a-holes had a clue, they would have honored the first deal you were quoted, since the alternative was just pissing off a faithful customer and watching them either A) decide not to upgrade or B) decide to pirate the newest version instead of buying it.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Some info for you guys.....

The Cross-platform upgrade they mentioned was simply just a FULL retail version with a new serial number.

In other words. If I go for the upgrade. I turn out will have two licences. One for AE 5.0 for Win and one for AE 5.5 for Mac.

I am still thinking if I am going to go for the upgrade or not. If so once I receive the AE 5.5 package I will immediately sell and transfer my AE 5.0 for windows to other person to get some money back.