dead pixles being fixed?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
im sending my powerbook to apple because of 4 white pixles. they said they would fix it, but i don't see how. they didn't make it sound like they were replacing the notebook itself. what would they be doing to it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Replacing the screen.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I had a couple of dead pixels, I pushed them and colour went through them, so i pushed and rubbed and they came alive. I think in retrospect they were more stuck than dead though.

I'd go with replacing the screen.

PS. By the by, does anyone know how many dead pixels are needed for it to be considered faulty? I have been lucky, but I would consider just 1 to be needed for it to be faulty in my opinion. After all a 1024x768 display isn't 1024x768 if one pixel is missing...
  • Reply 3 of 4
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by danielctull

I had a couple of dead pixels, I pushed them and colour went through them, so i pushed and rubbed and they came alive. I think in retrospect they were more stuck than dead though.

I'd go with replacing the screen.

PS. By the by, does anyone know how many dead pixels are needed for it to be considered faulty? I have been lucky, but I would consider just 1 to be needed for it to be faulty in my opinion. After all a 1024x768 display isn't 1024x768 if one pixel is missing...

apple's display policy has quite a bit of 'fine print'... some cases has to be 3 or more in a given area. that means you could have 2 dead pixels on the far left and 2 on the far right and applecare may not cover that

yeah i should have maybe tried the 'prodding' that you did \
  • Reply 4 of 4
    From what other places have said it was 5 constantly lit ones and 7 dead black ones. however,i only had four, and i called up apple and the lady that answered didnt ask where they were, if they were in a cluster or anything, and just said, okay, we are sending you a box, i got the box and it had the shipping thing already on there so all i needed to do was put it on my doorstep and have dhl wisk it away. it just got taken today. hope it comes back soon. they even send you tape in the box, so you can tape the box shut. I found that to be extreemly impressive.

if everything goes according to plan and i have it back in the next week, i think apple would be the highest ranking customer service company i have ever dealt with.

A+++ so far