Free Spamming At AppleInsider!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    For God's sake, mods. PLEASE make a no new threads rule...you cannot post a new thread till you have posted, say 20 comments and been a member for, lets say 5 days...this is re-damn-dicus
  • Reply 2 of 9
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

For God's sake, mods. PLEASE make a no new threads rule...you cannot post a new thread till you have posted, say 20 comments and been a member for, lets say 5 days...this is re-damn-dicus

I like that idea - I'll look into it.

Thanks

Jambo
  • Reply 3 of 9
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Oh boy, so now they have to spam 20 posts before they can spam a thread!
  • Reply 4 of 9
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    It will help, I think.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

It will help, I think.

could be, but a lot of those first comments are people asking for help...maybe restrict their thread-starting abilities to the help forum (if that's possible).
  • Reply 6 of 9
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mynamehere

could be, but a lot of those first comments are people asking for help...maybe restrict their thread-starting abilities to the help forum (if that's possible).

It would be good if they could post only in Genius Bar - that way (potential) spam would be limited to one forum.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    mynameheremynamehere Posts: 560member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

It would be good if they could post only in Genius Bar - that way (potential) spam would be limited to one forum.

As much as I like the title of the Genius Bar forum, I think it should be changed to something more obvious like the "Get Help Forum", or something to make stop posting help questions in Current Hardware...
  • Reply 8 of 9
    omegaomega Posts: 427member
    Quote:

As much as I like the title of the Genius Bar forum, I think it should be changed to something more obvious like the "Get Help Forum", or something to make stop posting help questions in Current Hardware...

I like the name "Genius Bar" as it makes me feel special when I somehow manage to answer a question!

• Reply 9 of 9
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

agreed, I thought the whole "genius bar" mintra was insain before I saw an Apple store...(or some web comics on JOT)