What Processor Upgrades are available for G3 B&W

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
As everyone knows , I purchased 2 G3s, B&W recently. One is a 350 w/320 meg, the other a 450 w/256 meg. What are my processor upgrade alternatives for both?

Thanx!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Virtual Warrior

As everyone knows , I purchased 2 G3s, B&W recently. One is a 350 w/320 meg, the other a 450 w/256 meg. What are my processor upgrade alternatives for both?

Thanx!

Do to www.macsales.com for some inticing options.

You can upgrade to a 1.1 GHz G3 processor or 700MHz - 1.0GHz G4.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    baranovichbaranovich Posts: 184member
    Unless you are really strapped for cash, its a much better deal to just get a Mac Mini (or a newer but still used Mac). Processor upgrades do upgrade the processor speed, but they don't upgrade the bus or the RAM speed. In the end they are rather expensive and don't increase performance all that much.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by baranovich

Unless you are really strapped for cash, its a much better deal to just get a Mac Mini (or a newer but still used Mac). Processor upgrades do upgrade the processor speed, but they don't upgrade the bus or the RAM speed. In the end they are rather expensive and don't increase performance all that much.

Thank you. I've been getting that same reply from others I trust. And looking at the price of some of these processors, I may have to wait a little longer and go with another Mac Mini.

However, since i have these two G3s, I will just add RAM and do what I can.

Thanks again!