Originally posted by Anders

Well?

i have the option of rotating the tv out image from my iBook g4 with 10.4.2

(with screen spanning doctor hack)
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Well?

I can rotate the secondary display connected to my PowerBook...though that means I'd have to turn my head sideways (or upside-down) to read it.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Great. Thanks both
  • Reply 4 of 10
    mynameheremynamehere Posts: 560member
    just out of curiosity...why would you want to rotate the screen anyway?
  • Reply 5 of 10
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mynamehere

I suppose if you worked in print, you could rotate your Cinema display onto its side with a mounting kit, so you could view page-shaped layouts without zooming out to two-paged views.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

I suppose if you worked in print, you could rotate your Cinema display onto its side with a mounting kit, so you could view page-shaped layouts without zooming out to two-paged views.

yeah i guess for people that live and breathe working Potrait aspect ratio photographs and print work. imagine a dualie 20- or 23- inch Portrait setup hooked up via one adjustable mount... driven by a dual powermac g5. sweet. i wonder how many creative studios would be willing to blow cash on that sort of setup... they'd have to really like the artist(s) that will be using that setup or its the owner(s) of the business itself \ hmmmm

i suppose people doing that wouldn't have as much time as us to hang out at appleInsider so much
  • Reply 7 of 10
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mynamehere

Word. Or Word with a dvd or TV in the bottom.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    I can and sadly did rotate my display one time in tiger...it was really strange trying to look at the screen with my head at a 90 degree angle(sure beats laying a 100LB crt on its side) to un-fubar it,,,
  • Reply 9 of 10
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

I can and sadly did rotate my display one time in tiger...it was really strange trying to look at the screen with my head at a 90 degree angle(sure beats laying a 100LB crt on its side) to un-fubar it,,,

I don't understand... doesn't the system adjust automatically the screen content for the new orientation?
  • Reply 10 of 10
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PB

I don't understand... doesn't the system adjust automatically the screen content for the new orientation?

Most likely yes, but...I was f***ing around in places where no mac-rookie should be...