Battery Life Remaining % and 10.4.2

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Has anybody noticed that the % of battery remaining is not accurately reported under 10.4.2? Under all other releases, it used to go to either 99% or 100% but not it wont go past 95%, even I run the powerbook flat.

Perhaps it just my machine but I am just curious if anyone else has seen this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    keotkeot Posts: 116member
    My fairly new PowerBook 15" is currently at 99%, running fine under 10.4.2.

Maybe your battery is getting old, or it's taking a very long time to charge the last five percent.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    itsamacitsamac Posts: 20member
    Perhaps but the lappie is only a couple of months old but I will see how we go. Thanks for the reply.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by itsamac

Perhaps but the lappie is only a couple of months old but I will see how we go.

Did you try to reset the power manager?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    wingnutwingnut Posts: 197member
    I've had my iBook misreport a full battery before. It kept claiming 97%, but eventually it started saying 99% again. My guess is that it will come back around to 99% without you needing to do anything at all.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    danosaurdanosaur Posts: 258member
    Even with the computer plugged in sometimes it won't stay at 100%. This is normal. It will run off the battery until it gets to a certain level, then begin to charge again.

If this is the issue then it's not a problem.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    baranovichbaranovich Posts: 184member
    I've had a similiar experience. This makes me wonder, why isn't there a circuit that notices when the battery is completely charged and the power supply is still plugged in, and switches over to a pure power supply feed?