Kazaa, iMesh, etc

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Dear all,

are there any softwares similar to Kazaas or iMesh where we get to download all sorts of files (mp3, pictures, videos, etc) for Mac?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    limewire
  • Reply 2 of 7
    yujiyuji Posts: 43member
    thank you!
  • Reply 3 of 7
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    NOOOOO

Use Poisoned. Poisoned searches Kazaa, Limewire, and Gnutella - ALL FROM ONE APPLICATION. So you get three times the results you'd get on only Limewire.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Yes that's what I thought but my girlfriend proved me wrong.

Acquisition/Acquilite/LimeWire's Gnutella architecture are far better than XFactor/poisoned's gnutella.

Use Acquisition for Gnutella.

Use XFactor for Ares and KaZaA (fast track.)

Eventually Xfactor will get a lot better when it adds more networks like G2, open nap, edonkey perhaps.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Yes that's what I thought but my girlfriend proved me wrong.

Acquisition/Acquilite/LimeWire's Gnutella architecture are far better than XFactor/poisoned's gnutella.

Use Acquisition for Gnutella.

Use XFactor for Ares and KaZaA (fast track.)

Eventually Xfactor will get a lot better when it adds more networks like G2, open nap, edonkey perhaps.

xfactor's development is over buddy, it will see no more updates.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    I have been perusing the forums and yes it's stalled, but it depends more on giFT, and you have to admit, the ARES network has a lot of stuff and works perfectly in XFactor. It's simply that FastTrack is dying. That, and the Gnutella plugin for giFT sucks ass compared to the LimeWire implementation, for who knows what reason.

I wish something did ARES, FT, Gnut/G2, opennap, soulseek, AND eDonkey, had a good frontend that didn't hog the CPU and RAM ridiculously, and was free. :/
  • Reply 7 of 7
    katyakatya Posts: 6member
    I have a follow up question to this...

I know Macs are pretty much virus/spyware/adware free. Does this mean it's safe to use these P2P programs on a Mac? I've tried using these (well, at least limewire, iMesh and Kazaa) on my PC and it just gives me viruses that's why I stopped using them.