Anyone notice how good Grapher is?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
As a college student who is heavily invloved in calculus and soon to be heavily invloved in differential equations I really love the Grapher app that's new in Tiger. Any idea why it is hidden in Applications/Utilites???

Anyone else notice how good it is?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Yeah, this is a real shocker. What a beautiful, stable, and full-featured little application.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    jwink3101jwink3101 Posts: 739member
    i love it but there is one really major problem. You can't set a variable that you can slide. In the old classic bundled thing you could do something like y=x^n so that you could quickly change n to something else
  • Reply 3 of 7
    I absolutely love it. I wish I make my calculus now, and not few years ago... [-;
  • Reply 4 of 7
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    Yup, wish I had this when I was doing calculus in university many years ago.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    trydtryd Posts: 143member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jwink3101

i love it but there is one really major problem. You can't set a variable that you can slide. In the old classic bundled thing you could do something like y=x^n so that you could quickly change n to something else

Yes you can.

First you must define what you want to call your parameter, let's say: k

Just click on the "+" and type : k=3 (or something)

After this you can use k in your expressions.

If you want to animate expressions with a parameter, just select "Animate parameter" (Opt-Cmd-A) and you can animate your expressions to your hearts content.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    jwink3101jwink3101 Posts: 739member
    cool. Thank you very much
  • Reply 7 of 7
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Quote:

Yup, wish I had this when I was doing calculus in university many years ago.