iTunes Phone Delayed Again

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
At the Motorola analyst meeting a few moments ago, a statement from Steve Jobs was read that the iTunes Phone wouldn't be announced today or tomorrow, but at a special event sometime during this quarter.

The whole thing was awkward and the presentation was lame. It was not like a Steve Jobs routine and the RDF was non-existent; especially when the guy started to play a Neil Diamond song through a Motorola phone. Afterward, you could almost hear a pin drop.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    benjamin_rbenjamin_r Posts: 265member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DHagan4755

At the Motorola analyst meeting a few moments ago, a statement from Steve Jobs was read that the iTunes Phone wouldn't be announced today or tomorrow, but at a special event sometime during this quarter.

The whole thing was awkward and the presentation was lame. It was not like a Steve Jobs routine and the RDF was non-existent; especially when the guy started to play a Neil Diamond song through a Motorola phone. Afterward, you could almost hear a pin drop.

It seems Apple and Motorola just don't mix!
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by DHagan4755

At the Motorola analyst meeting a few moments ago, a statement from Steve Jobs was read

It was not a Jobs statement! It was an official announcement written by Moto PR intended from keeping Zander from promising too much -- just like every other time he has opened his mouth on this topic.

Jobs had zip to do with what he read.

Quote:

especially when the guy started to play a Neil Diamond song through a Motorola phone.

Worse, he killed "Don't Funk with my Heart" playing on a ROKR via stereo headphone jack to play Neil Diamond through the phone speaker into his lapel mike. Sounded awful. Then he said "anyway, that's my kind of music."

Basically, he flushed several million dollars worh of branding "coolness" down the toilet in about 2 minutes.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    I don't know... seems to me the problem would be getting providers to support music download over their networks. That's an awful amount of extra bandwidth to deal with. No?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    Oh good grief! I feel like Charlie Brown after Lucy pulls the football away.

There have been so many delays now it has actually become quite comical. I have my doubts the project will ever see the light of day. There are obviously serious problems behind the scenes. I think this will be one of the few blunders related to the iPod platform.

I think even Charlie Brown would have given up on this one by now.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    I've said it many a time. Apple needs to ditch these other lame-ass losers that can't keep up with the almighty RDF of Steve.

Watching the Moto webcast, while I admire and acknowledge what Zander has done and achieved for Moto, he just to me seems like some old-skool stuck-in-the-80s/90s-dogdy slimy salesman. i felt somehow 'dirty' and 'violated' after watching him talk about their 'great products' and the usual spiel.