ftp issues!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Using a G5 running 10.3.9... when logged in using one account, and i type an ftp address into Safari, the ftp server opens up in Finder (as it should)...

However, when another user is logged in, the same ftp (and all) address typed into the Safari address bar opens up the ftp server in Internet Explorer!... even though both accounts have Safari selected as the default browser...

How can i get those users whose ftp address' are opening up in IE even when typed in Safari to open up in the Finder (every time as it should by default)???...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Sounds like that user has IE registered as the helper application for the FTP protocol. This is similar to the settings for your preferred mail program and web browser. There are a number of application and even System Preference panes that will change these settings, but I don't use one so I don't have a recommendation for you.

Here's one of each that might work: Vince (application) and More Internet (pref pane). Thanks Version Tracker!
  • Reply 2 of 2
    you were right, i opened up IE and in Preferences changed the ftp protocol helper setting from IE to Safari... and bingo! - IE has a use after all!

Cheers