PocketPC compatibility soon?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
So I walked into the Apple Business Solutions booth and I noticed in the 'Remote Office' section had one set-up with a Compaq iPAQ PDA. I asked the Apple rep what that was doing there since it wasn't compatible with any Mac, and he told me that there was in fact conduit software for it in beta.

That left me wondering. Is ActiveSync:mac really going to happen? Or did he somehow mistake it for the Palm Desktop beta? If there is in fact going to be ActiveSync:mac...woohoo!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    [quote]Originally posted by Eugene:

<strong>So I walked into the Apple Business Solutions booth and I noticed in the 'Remote Office' section had one set-up with a Compaq iPAQ PDA. I asked the Apple rep what that was doing there since it wasn't compatible with any Mac, and he told me that there was in fact conduit software for it in beta.

That left me wondering. Is ActiveSync:mac really going to happen? Or did he somehow mistake it for the Palm Desktop beta? If there is in fact going to be ActiveSync:mac...woohoo!</strong><hr></blockquote>

If I'm not mistaken, PocketMac is available now with OS X compatibility. The conduits for Entourage are reportedly on the way. Disregard this if you already knew that
  • Reply 2 of 2
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    "Thanks to the help of Todd Brackett at Apple, PocketMac will be featured in the OS X Business Solutions Center this week at MacWorld! Please feel free to stop by and see a demo. (Please note that the people in the Solutions Center are Apple employees who only today started working with PocketMac, so they may not be able to answer all of your questions.)"

Aha, so that's what it was. The guy int he Business SOlutions booth didn't even know where he could download the software...