Syncing Email

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have owned a 1GHz 15in PowerBook for close to three years now. About a year ago, I started using the PowerBook at work as we predominantly use Macs. Last week I was given an additional machine that is more or less mine while I work at this job; a mac mini. I would be happy to use both machines, but I am running in to some problems working off two machines.

The main problem deals with email. I currently have my work email addy, a Gmail account, and my former university account. All are tied in to my home PowerBook. I also have an iPod that I can use to transfer stuff back and forth if necessary. Is there a program or tool that I can use that will totally sync up the accounts on both machines by way of an iPod? Is there another way I can do this other than an external drive or iPod? Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

p.s. wish that rumored iPod home directory feature materialized.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I've got the same situation. I have 2 PB's that I work from and check my email from each one. What I did to solve the problem was to change the mail preferences on one machine to not delete messages from the server. This allows me to copies of messages on each PB. This only works with recieved mail, not sent items. Which is fine for me, I don't send a lot of email.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by ThinkingDifferent

I've got the same situation. I have 2 PB's that I work from and check my email from each one. What I did to solve the problem was to change the mail preferences on one machine to not delete messages from the server. This allows me to copies of messages on each PB. This only works with recieved mail, not sent items. Which is fine for me, I don't send a lot of email.

Yeah, I've thought about that solution, but I send a lot of email and also write many drafts which aren't saved that way. Unfortunately that is not an adequate solution for my needs. Thanks though. Anyone else?