My iPod photo does not love me...

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Just got me one of the discontinued 30gig iPod photos, new in the box from Small Dog. It refuses to acknowledge the existence of some beautiful photos I've taken that I keep in an iPhoto album.

I DON'T have iLife so this is iPhoto 2.0.1. Some other crappy pictures that have never been in iPhoto will happily show up on my iPod but not these nice ones that I really want, even after exporting as JPGs and coping into the same directory. Is there something I'm missing? Please don't tell me Apple artificially excludes any picture file that has been touched by an old version of iPhoto from being used on iPods.

Anybody know what's going on? I'll try to upload a screen grab from iTunes preferences. As you can see I'm telling it to find photos in a directory and it sees only 4, when really I have 2 dozen more that have been exported from iPhoto. THANKS!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Hmmm, well I couldn't figure out how to make an attachment. I think I am unworthy and do not have permission. But I think you pretty much get the drift anyway.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by joblowski

Please don't tell me Apple artificially excludes any picture file that has been touched by an old version of iPhoto from being used on iPods.

No, they exclude files based on the quality of the picture. If the subject is butt ugly it won't be transfered to an iPod.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Oh no! Regressing back into childhood...............10 years...............20 years.............Regression now COMPLETE: Oh really? You MUST be right cuz I was takin pictures of yer Mom!

Ahh, the good ol' days.