window/sidebar viewing issue

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Okay, so when looking at any general window on my machine, I have on the left certain folders/disks/etc.-the sidebar. I have a folder I dropped there called documents, for some of my documents. I recently went to click it and get to it but got hit with the message-The alias 'Document' could not be opened because the original can not be found. Anyway, after a brief freak out, I went back into my home folder and found the very same documents folder and placed another copy in the sidebar. Problem is, I can't get rid of the old documents folder because as soon as I click on it the message pops up. Any ideas? It's the exact same folder with exact same name, just one I can't manipulate out of the sidebar. I didn't think Mac's generally even allowed that!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    What version of OS X? Have you tried rebooting? What about right-clicking (CTRL+clicking) the Documents folder in the sidebar and choosing "Send to Trash"?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    You can't drag it out of the sidebar and let go?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    meecesmeeces Posts: 160member
    Got it figured out, I cntrl. clicked on it to get it out. It wouldn't work with right-click or the track pad. I did even reboot the computer. It was very bizarre, but glad to get it fixed.