Quick Finder Keyboard Shortcut Question

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
To jump the cursor to the Search Tool in Panther Finder windows, you can use the keyboard shortcut Command + Option + F and then type monkeys.

Cool. But how do you cancel the search using the keyboard to punch the "X" as seen here?

Thanks guys.

--B

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    rara Posts: 623member
    In Tiger you can press Command [ to go back. That might also work under Panther.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    TFTQR (Thanks for the quick reply)

I've tried it, and while it does work for navigating your progress through finder windows as if they were hypercards, the search tool isn't actually a new window, but a filtered list of items in the window you're currently in. So it's a good idea, but doesn't do what I want it to.

When the cursor is in the Search Tool Field and you type Command + [, nothing happens.

--B
  • Reply 3 of 4
    kapkomkapkom Posts: 12member
    I've grown accustomed to quickly typing Command-A then delete after filtering. But it turns out Esc works. Who would have thought of that!8)
  • Reply 4 of 4
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ra

In Tiger you can press Command [ to go back. That might also work under Panther.

Just got back from vacation and Ra's suggestion worked like a charm suddenly. Thanks Ra!

--B