OMG Intel Proccesors?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
When was this announced? Can I see the article/movie/speech/whatever? What is even the point of buying a mac without a mac processor? I know IBM was doing the processors, but they were completely APPLE. I don't want a crappy Pentium Processor in my mac. Im building my own computer now. With AMD Athlon 64 and Linux. Im tired of Windows and tired of Intel. That is why I bought a mac. And you know this will probably double the price of computers because they have to buy the processors now. How could you do this Apple? Why? Why? Why?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    Welcome back to planet Earth.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Errrr.... chill?

IBM (and Motorola before them) have dropped the ball on keeping the PPC competitive. Intel has caught up.

If they hadn't announced it, you never would have known the difference, now would you?

If anything, it should drop the price of the CPUs. What, you thought IBM just *gave* the chips to Apple? Noooooooo.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    Quote:

Originally posted by volcom1206

When was this announced? Can I see the article/movie/speech/whatever? What is even the point of buying a mac without a mac processor? I know IBM was doing the processors, but they were completely APPLE. I don't want a crappy Pentium Processor in my mac. Im building my own computer now. With AMD Athlon 64 and Linux. Im tired of Windows and tired of Intel. That is why I bought a mac. And you know this will probably double the price of computers because they have to buy the processors now. How could you do this Apple? Why? Why? Why?

What's that smell...?!?

Oh yeah, it is the distinct odor of Troll...
  • Reply 4 of 11
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    "Mac processor"

I think that was the problem. The G5 was fast becoming a "mac processor" without any other buyers. And Apple just isn´t big enough for their own processor.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Quote:

... And you know this will probably double the price of computers because they have to buy the processors now. How could you do this Apple? Why? Why? Why?

You think IBM and Motorola were just donating their processors to Apple???
  • Reply 6 of 11
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

"Mac processor"

I think that was the problem. The G5 was fast becoming a "mac processor" without any other buyers. And Apple just isn´t big enough for their own processor.

That is about the size of it from the point of view of IBM. IBM has the PS3, and XBOX-360 designs, and Nvidia being piped out of their facilities. Why bother to do a damn thing for a little known company like Apple computer that has only 2% of computer sales? Just wait! IBM will regret this more than giving Microsoft an OS monopoly, or Compaq legally stealing their bios, and turning computing into the world of the IBM clone where IBM gets 0% of the royalties.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    skatmanskatman Posts: 609member
    Quote:

Oh yeah, it is the distinct odor of Troll...

Strange I always heard that a person can't really smell himself because the sense in usually saturated... it your case it maybe different...
  • Reply 8 of 11
    If anything, what makes a Mac a Mac is the operating system and the thought that goes into the whole solution. At the end of the day, it does not matter whether it's Motorola, IBM, Freescale or Intel making the processor.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

What is even the point of buying a mac without a mac processor? I know IBM was doing the processors, but they were completely APPLE.

What are you smokin' buddy?
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Here's more news for ya, Apple no longer sells CRT monitors.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Instead of dedicating an entire thread to the fact you may have been living under a rock in some strange part of the galaxy for the past 2 months or so, Im going to lock this up...

Visit here for everything you need to know about Mac/Intel fusion!

b.