Director for OS X?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Does anyone have the faintest idea when Macromedia Director Shockwave studio for OS X will be out? Or will it never see the light of day?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    x704x704 Posts: 276member
    Maccentral had an article yesterday mentioning that the Shockwave plugin was done (or was it will be done on X date ... hmmm). Anyway in that article it quoted a Macromedia rep saying that the OS X version of director was still on it's way.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    One thing that really bothers me is that once you plan to purchase or upgrade director you have to do both Windows and Mac version if you want to create cross platform projector files.

That really stinks
  • Reply 3 of 5
    spookyspooky Posts: 504member
    It doesn't help that Macromedia seem to favour windows all of a sudden. At every show I've been to the attitude of the macromedia people when you ask about mac stuff is "What the hell do we care?"
  • Reply 4 of 5
    [quote]Originally posted by Leonis:

<strong>One thing that really bothers me is that once you plan to purchase or upgrade director you have to do both Windows and Mac version if you want to create cross platform projector files.

That really stinks </strong><hr></blockquote>

What really bothers me (and i love director) is that if you buy the educational version, you are basically screwed. you cannot buy an upgrade and just upgrade to the commercial version like you can with dreamweaver/flash/fireworks, etc. you have to buy the full version. the $300, or $400 (i forgot how much the edu versions costs) has been totally wasted.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Actually there is a way to get rid of that "Made by Macromedia - Academic Solution" crap