15" PB's Internal Bluetooth Module Disappeared, Reappeared

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I'm wondering if my 1.25Ghz 15" Powerbook's internal bluetooth module could be going bad. This morning I tried to sync to my bluetooth phone (on OS X Panther) and iSync said that bluetooth couldn't be found. I started running Bluetooth Setup Utility and it said no bluetooth module was present.

After shutting down and restarting the PB, all is well, but was this a glimpse of a future bluetooth module failure? Aside from coming loose, CAN they even fail?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Almost 12 hours later, and no replies with 9 views. Yikes. So...I guess I'll just wait and see for myself.

• Reply 2 of 6
    keotkeot Posts: 116member
    The bluetooth module is kept between the battery and the front of the case. Wild guess here, but if you hit that area does the module fail?

Could be a loose connection, seeing as there's a nice long wire connecting it all up. Time to phone Apple methinks.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Does it show up in System Profiler?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Yes, it does on the USB bus. Really, that was the only time it's ever done it. After it came back after waking from sleep, it was fine.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    same thing is happening on my PB 15 1.5 !!!!!

ahh man.. this sux balls...
  • Reply 6 of 6
    sport73sport73 Posts: 438member
    Same thing happened on my 15" 1.25 Powerbook, and it came back after 2 boots. Hasn't happened again though. Here's hoping your experience with this glitch is equally as forgiving.