Roxio7 Titanium

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Am I the only one that has received an email from Roxio saying I can purchase Toast 7 two wks early?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    Yep! It's true. Just had a chat with Roxio and they have released it early to registered users of Toast or Popcorn.

And for just $69! Offers good til 9-7-05. Just ordered mine. Toast 7...come to papa!

Oh, he also confirmed that the yet to be released DivX 6 is included.
  • Reply 2 of 16
    Hi, this is my first post! I received the same email. I am interested in getting Toast 7, but I have Toast 6 and iLife '05. I am not sure if it is worth it. How can I use Divx? I don't know anything about it except for the DIVX program run by Circuit CIty years ago (remember that failure?).
  • Reply 3 of 16
    DivX is a video compression codec. One of the most popular and supported ones. Supported being the key word here. I really like H.264 in Quicktime 7, but it's not as supported.

Many Philips (and others) DVD players come with DivX support.

Here's a little more info on DivX

http://www.divx.com/divx/whatisdivx.php
  • Reply 4 of 16
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    The DivX discs sold by circuit city a few years ago and the divx you hear about today are completely unrelated. They just happen to share the same name.

When people say DivX now, they're refering to a video file format. Some of the newer home DVD players can play divx files you've burned to CD or DVD.
  • Reply 5 of 16
    skyboltskybolt Posts: 111member
    I got the same email offering of Toast 7, and I have a question. It is available for download and that's fine. But what happens if, for example I have to clean my hard drive and do a clean install of my apps. Will I be allowed to use the registration key to unlock a newly downloaded copy? Or is there a way to either download or copy the app to a disk for future use? I'm ready to buy, but thinking ahead. May be a new PB in the near future for me, and don't want to pay for something I might not have access to.

Thanks in advance!
  • Reply 6 of 16
    Yeah, just download it and burn it to CD or Ext. HD. You can use the same key whenever you have to reinstall. Just a warning, when you purchase it, it goes through a company called Element 5. You'll get an immediate confirmation mail, then within a few hours, they'll send you another mail with the link to download. The serial key will be on this mail...kinda down toward the bottom.

Just write the key on the CD you burn or make a new .txt file with the key and put it with the app.
  • Reply 7 of 16
    Apparently, they haven't sent it to all registered customers. I purchased Toast 6 Titanium on their site over a month ago.
  • Reply 8 of 16
    Hang in there. I'm sure you'll get it soon.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    Thanks... Is this a very recent email campaign by Roxio?
  • Reply 10 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by kwsanders

Apparently, they haven't sent it to all registered customers. I purchased Toast 6 Titanium on their site over a month ago.

Did you register it with their site? That may be the difference.
  • Reply 11 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Endymion

Did you register it with their site? That may be the difference.

Yes, I logged into my account last night to check if they had any notices on the account site. They did have my registration for Toast 6 listed. It may come soon enough.

I wonder if I can get a low priced upgrade since I just purchased Toast 6 last month?
  • Reply 12 of 16
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    Does anyone know if Toast 7 will play Divx movies? I know that it can convert them from Divx to DVD.
  • Reply 13 of 16
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    Why use Toast to view DiVX movies?

Just get VLC player... best thing since honeybuns

www.videolan.org
  • Reply 14 of 16
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

Why use Toast to view DiVX movies?

Just get VLC player... best thing since honeybuns

www.videolan.org

I have Windows users send my Divx files, I can't play them in VLC. Is there different video codecs for Divx stuff?
  • Reply 15 of 16
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Yes, there are multiple types of divx.

Try playing them in VLC and then do a get info. This should give you a bit more information about what they are.

Although, it is pretty rare for VLC to be unable to play a divx file. I'd be interested in finding out what it's failing on.
  • Reply 16 of 16
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    The only thing I've ever seen divx not play are WMP9 files.