Connect Powerbook to TV?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi, I'm just wondering what exactly I need in order to hook up my Powerbook to a television and watch movies from my PB on the big screen?

Thanks!

Stedwick

PS I have the newest version of the 12" Powerbook.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    There is a little adapter that plugs into one of the ports that give you a s-video or composite plug that you hook into your TV.

After it is wired, close and open the computer and it should find your TV.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    but y do they make that cable so damn small lol
  • Reply 3 of 6
    objra10objra10 Posts: 679member
    It's a pretty standard adapter...

but these questions belong in genius bar... moving accordingly.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    regreg Posts: 832member
    Those will do the video, you still need to have the audio also sent over. RCA cable is plugged into your headphone or audio out connection then into the TV audio ports. You might find them cheaper but you need the length because the connectors might have to be plugged into the back of the TV.

reg
  • Reply 5 of 6
    slugheadslughead Posts: 1,169member
    Quote:

Originally posted by reg

Those will do the video, you still need to have the audio also sent over. RCA cable is plugged into your headphone or audio out connection then into the TV audio ports. You might find them cheaper but you need the length because the connectors might have to be plugged into the back of the TV.

reg

That price isn't too bad, you could probably get better cables for cheaper at radioshack though. They're used for just about everything.

Just tell them "1/8 Inch miniplug to RCA Cable"
  • Reply 6 of 6
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    If you want cheap, here you go. For gold plated, the price on the ones above are not too bad.