Apple Photo Pro

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
This Think Secret report mentions a new Pro photo app from Apple called Photo Pro. Sounds like iPhoto for Pro users, similar to how iMovie begat Final Cut Pro.

Do you think you'd want something like this? iPhoto is a home run for me and I don't think I'd need an app like this... then again I'm not a photo professional.

If I had to pick a price point now, I'd say $99. I'll reserve judgement on the product and price point until we know more about its features however.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

This Think Secret report mentions a new Pro photo app from Apple called Photo Pro. Sounds like iPhoto for Pro users, similar to how iMovie begat Final Cut Pro.

Do you think you'd want something like this? iPhoto is a home run for me and I don't think I'd need an app like this... then again I'm not a photo professional.

If I had to pick a price point now, I'd say $99. I'll reserve judgement on the product and price point until we know more about its features however.

The picture of the Photo Pro mock-up was discovered several months ago on the website of a market research firm. The best theory is that Adobe hired the firm to determine how well Photoshop CS2 would hold up against a competing offering from Apple. But the bottomline is that Apple Photo Pro is not a real product.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Might be interesting to have a photo app the takes full advantage of Core Image but I don't think that Apple would do anything to hurt its quasi-alliance with Adobe/Macromedia. Also, Photoshop has been around for a LONG time so it definately has a strong user base.