More/new games coming to MACs...?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
From MacMinute:

"Apple has posted a new feature to the games section of its Web site. "Power Game Factory, Torque Game Engine and Torque 2D, Unity and PTK each offer something slightly different to aspiring game designers, but they all serve the same end goal: bring game making to those without multi-million dollar budgets and large teams of artists and programmers. Or even those with little artistic or programming experience.""

Does this in any way foreshadow more games for Mac? I know there are a lot of Mac games out there, usually the best titles, but still not enough for a lot of my potential switcher friends: ex: Half-Life or anything from Valve...

Thoughts...

Al

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alexluft

I know there are a lot of Mac games out there, usually the best titles

Disagree. There's a lot of crap out there (just look at insidemacgames review listing) and definitely not all the best titles make it. I'm not up to date on current Windows games but even I can see top FPS, MMORPG and driving titles missing. With one (too costly) exception, none of the strategy games my friends have been playing for the last two years was available for the Mac. Particularly without Blizzard there would be little quality stuff left on the Mac.

No platform has all the goodies. Windows lacks many of the best console games and vice versa, too.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    alexluftalexluft Posts: 159member
    I agree with that actually. But how about that from MacMinute? Does is suggest something...???