AirPort Help for DHCP Network

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I recently arrived at my college and none of my IT people can help.

I have an AirPort Express and I've plugged it into the network but I continue to see a blinking amber light. When I use AirPort Setup Assistant, I cannot find my AirPort on there, I was wondering the exact steps I could use to see my AirPort and configure it to work on my school's network (I was told it is a normal DHCP network where all you have to do is plug in your ethernet and go).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I am assuming you are connecting the AE to the campus's network via a cable and your computer is using wireless right? Are you picking up a wireless signal from the AE?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    No when I set up my AE through AE setup assistant, I am unable to locate my airport at all and I was told I just had to plug in my ethernet cable and it was ok.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by SPlatt886

No when I set up my AE through AE setup assistant, I am unable to locate my airport at all and I was told I just had to plug in my ethernet cable and it was ok.

Try connecting to the AE with the cable and see if setup assistant locates it.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    If plugging the cable in doesn't work, try hard resetting the AE. There is a small pin-size hole that you need to trip, I believe by holding it in for at least 5 seconds or at least until the LED status light starts flashing rapidly. You can then restore settings from a saved profile or start all over with the AirPort Express Assistant.