airport express video

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I have recently gone wireless and I love my airport express, it is awesome being able to stream audio to my stereo. I can't wait til apple implements video streaming too, I can see it now, everyone of my dvd's on my 10 terrabyte hard drive being able to stream a movie to any tv in the house and a rf/bluetooth remote control to access my itunes video player straight from the tv. the future looks bright for apple

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    jimbo123jimbo123 Posts: 153member
    I'm routing for that as well!

Also to stream different songs to various Express stations I have!

Do you think the ability to stream different songs to different Express stations is limitation of the current hardware or iTunes?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mercury7

I have recently gone wireless and I love my airport express, it is awesome being able to stream audio to my stereo. I can't wait til apple implements video streaming too, I can see it now, everyone of my dvd's on my 10 terrabyte hard drive being able to stream a movie to any tv in the house and a rf/bluetooth remote control to access my itunes video player straight from the tv. the future looks bright for apple

Who knows...maybe the Sept 7th event will be an intro to Airport Express A/V and Video iPods.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    wmfwmf Posts: 1,164member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jimbo123

Do you think the ability to stream different songs to different Express stations is limitation of the current hardware or iTunes?

It's an iTunes limitation.

http://rogueamoeba.com/airfoil/faq.php

If Rogue Amoeba knows how to do it, I'm sure Apple could.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    jimbo123jimbo123 Posts: 153member
    Thanks for that. I read the all about Air Foil but while I can play music through my computer speakers and remote speakers. I still won't be able to stream different songs to different speakers.

May be iTunes 5 will solve this.

\