Holly cow! What is this?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I did a clean install yesterday because of problems, things were slow, and clicking things wasn't working right. I did a permission repair and came up with this (check the attachment) No idea where it came from So I figured it must of came via email thats another reason for the reinstall but I just noticed it's back!!!

MATSHITADVD-R UJ-825 ? What the heck! Someone have a clue please? If you read close you'll see it has to be a prank of some sort. And the slowness is back plus mouse is acting strange again. i think it all may have started when I did the update of tiger the other day

\tName : \tMATSHITADVD-R UJ-825

\tType : \tDisk

\tDisk Identifier : \tdisk2

\tMedia Name : \tMATSHITA DVD-R UJ-825 Media

\tMedia Type : \tCDROM

\tConnection Bus : \tATA

\tConnection Type : \tInternal

\tConnection ID : \tDevice 0

\tPartition Type : \tCD_partition_scheme

\tDevice Tree : \tuata/@0:0

\tLocked : \tYes

\tWritable : \tNo

\tEjectable : \tYes

\tMac OS 9 Drivers Installed : \tNo

\tCDROM : \tYes

\tOptical Media Type : \tCD-ROM

\tDevice Type : \tCD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW

\tLocation : \tInternal

\tTotal Capacity : \t609.6 MB (639,238,320 Bytes)

\tS.M.A.R.T. Status : \tNot Supported

\tDisk Number : \t2

\tPartition Number : \t0

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member

That's your optical drive.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    inapinap Posts: 41member
    that has never showed up before

edit:Plus it will not like me verify permissioon or repair........
  • Reply 3 of 7
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iNAP

that has never showed up before

edit:Plus it will not like me verify permissioon or repair........

Do you have a CD in your drive and are you trying to fix permissions on that?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    inapinap Posts: 41member
    thats it, finder had it hidden. My son put a cd in lastnight, I had no idea...... I'm still getting the beachball far to often. everything seems fine but Slowwwwwwwwwww. no idea why, I have plenty of memory and disk space

Thanks for your reply
  • Reply 5 of 7
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

I'm still getting the beachball far to often. everything seems fine but Slowwwwwwwwwww.

How often are you getting the beach ball? Do you notice if it's occurring mostly with one application, or is it system wide?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Seems to be system wide, I just came back to a blinking screen, the screensaver should have been running but instead, it was blinking on and off.very strange. I moved the mouse and it was back to screeen on i was in AdobePS at the time I left computer
  • Reply 7 of 7
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Seems to be system wide, I just came back to a blinking screen, the screensaver should have been running but instead, it was blinking on and off.

Check Apple's Support Web site to see if you can find anything there. Otherwise, call Apple, ESPECIALLY if you're within the first 90 days of buying your machine.