ipod nano or shuffle for working out?? :)

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I'm really digging the new nanos(especially black). I already have a new 60 gig ipod which I LOVE. I use it for travelling and long trips mostly. But I was thinking about getting a shuffle for the gym...because the 60 gig was kinda getting in the way.

I'd only use it for the gym really...so i don't know if the nano is overkill compared to the shuffle. But it sure looks cool.

What are some of your thoughts? Anyone have the shuffle? Likes/dislikes?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I have a 4G 20GB iPod and a 1GB Shuffle. I use the shuffle for running, biking, working out, yardwork. I use the iPod in the car, at work, for travel. Personally I find them very complimentary, but you're talking $200 for a Nano which is placing quite a premium on the color screen and additional memory.

I find the lack of a screen on the shuffle a slight nuisance, but the 1GB is plenty of space for the way I use it. So I'd basically be paying an extra $70 for the screen and I don't think I can justify that. The Nano does look cool though.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I could have sworn I replied to this thread. Is there a duplicate/similar one around here somewhere?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    One thing's for sure. The iPod Nano will bring in beaucoup bucks for Apple if it sells well. With flash there's no need to deal with spinning the hd up and down thus there is no reason to have the 32MB of memory as well. Those costs likely went towards the color screen and a little extra margin padding
  • Reply 4 of 4
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Ah, duplicate threads from the same user in two forums:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=57424

Bad regan, bad.