Firefox 1.5 Beta 1 released

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
It seems that Firefox 1.5 Beta 1 has been released.

I just tried it (OS X) and it seems much better and much more refined than 1.0.6.

It's also quite a bit faster than Safari seeing as Safari fell in with the SBOD starting with the latest update.

All in all, Firefox 1.5 seems like teh win.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    In my experience, Firefox 1.5 Beta 1 is highly stable already. Some extensions may not work yet until developers update it, but if you were using Safari anyway, you've got nothing to lose. Thumbs up!

Hop over to Mozillazine to grab third party, CPU specific optimized versions! http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=42
  • Reply 2 of 10
    hxc04hxc04 Posts: 145member
    I just got the new beta 1.5 and I feel it is much better than 1.whatever. I would suggest it if you don't use Safari
  • Reply 3 of 10
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Check the "About" and it is V1.4
  • Reply 4 of 10
    I hope they also do Thunderbird 1.5 and fix that new mail bug under OS X (which is what keeps me from using TB)

I will DL FF 1.5 later tonight when there is more bandwidth
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Wow its fast. I think it may be a bit faster than safari.

Still, i am sticking with safari for now. Maybe in the future i will switch but i just feel more comfortable with safari
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis

Check the "About" and it is V1.4

If you had read the link that I posted in the OP, you would know that it's 1.5 Beta 1.

It says 1.4 so as to differentiate between the Beta(s) and the future Final 1.5 release. It's for the same reason that Deer Park 1 and 2 were identified not as 1.3 or 1.4, but as 1.0+.

And yes, it is fast.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Fast. And much better than Safari.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by drumsticks

In my experience, Firefox 1.5 Beta 1 is highly stable already. Some extensions may not work yet until developers update it, but if you were using Safari anyway, you've got nothing to lose. Thumbs up!

Hop over to Mozillazine to grab third party, CPU specific optimized versions! http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=42

Hey, thanks for this! I'm still trying to get AdBlock to work though..

Hopefully developers will update it. Firefox + AdBlock = Heaven on Earth.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    I was a huge fan of FireFox before their first offical release because it worked faster than Safari, but Firefox 1.5 beta is amazingly fast, I am totally impressed with it and I have only be using firefox 1.5 for about 1 hour. I like what they are doing with their web browser, it is by far my favorite.