audio editing

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
What are some good audio editing programs?? I dont need the top of the line best stuff, but just something to play around with and edit songs that i have on my compter, like add effects to them etc.. thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    I've never used it but garageband has a lot of cool features like you are looking for.

I also highly suggest audacity but that may not have all the bells and whistles you are looking for
  • Reply 2 of 9
    the only problem with garageband is that you cant import a song and edit it, you can only make your own. unless i am not doing it correctly.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    than try out audacity
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by OD1010

the only problem with garageband is that you cant import a song and edit it, you can only make your own. unless i am not doing it correctly.

You can easily import practically any audio format into garageband. Just drag and drop garageband will convert .mp3 to .aif automatically and place it on the track. That said, you can't import iTunes protected formats, but I think that's the same with any program.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    i cant seem to figure out how to import songs into garageband
  • Reply 6 of 9
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

Just drag and drop garageband will convert .mp3 to .aif automatically and place it on the track.

Like Wro Ro said, drag the music file icon onto the Garage Band track and let go of the mouse.

--B
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by OD1010

i cant seem to figure out how to import songs into garageband

Navigate to the song you want to import in the Finder (for instance, something in your iTunes Music Library). If you have the Garageband window positioned beneath the Finder window so you can see it, drag the song from the Finder until it is over the GB window. A plus sign will appear next to the file name. If you then drop the song in the GB window, GB will create a new track and import the song into that track.

Alternatively, you can create a track yourself, position the Finder window so that track is visible and drag the song into that track. Or use Exposé to bring the GB window to the front. If you have an Exposé hot corner set up, the you can drag the song to it, when the windows minimise, locate the GB window and drag the file over it (don't let go!). The little flashy thing will happen and GB will come to the front. Then drop into a track you've created or just into the GB window as above.

GB sounds like it will be more than adequate for what you want to do.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    thanks for all the help guys, i just have one more problem/question.....is there anyway to make a song that is more that 1000 seconds?? i need to make something that is about an hour long (3600 seconds)
  • Reply 9 of 9
    just use this, it goes for about $80 street price

http://www.bias-inc.com/products/peakLe5