If no Outlook for X then what!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I use MS Outlook 2001 all day, it runs fine (but unstabley) in Classic, I can get by.

But I want the stability that I get from my X apps and I want my Cisco IPSec VPN client to work (it doesn't deal with Classic ).

So my question is that if MS aren't going to do an Outlook for X then is there any other X-native mail program that can talk to MS Exchange servers?

Thanks.

Phil

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I never could get Outlook 2001 to work well in classic.

I use Entourage - it sends and receives through the exchange server just fine. Do you really need to use Outlook for some reason? What functions are you using that Outlook has but Entourage or Mail.app do not have?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Entourage is much better than Outlook, but it doesn't meet your requirement of playing nice with an Exchange server.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    [quote]Originally posted by BRussell:

<strong>I never could get Outlook 2001 to work well in classic.

I use Entourage - it sends and receives through the exchange server just fine. Do you really need to use Outlook for some reason? What functions are you using that Outlook has but Entourage or Mail.app do not have?</strong><hr></blockquote>

But dose entourage do EVERYTHING that outlook dose? Callenders contacts ect??
  • Reply 4 of 4
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    [quote]Originally posted by Michaelm8000:

<strong>But dose entourage do EVERYTHING that outlook dose? Callenders contacts ect??</strong><hr></blockquote>No, you're right, it doesn't. But some people aren't aware that you can send and read Exchange server e-mail from Entourage (and mail.app), and many people don't use those other functions very much.

I wish they would just make Entourage the Mac version of Outlook - give it the additional capabilities.