I bought into an infomercial....

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
I never thought I did but I bought into an infomercial I never for once thought I would be sucked into one but I will admit, the offer was to good to be true. Anyone else think I'm crazy?

The Magic Bullet

I am not condoning anyone to buy this product, nor do I work for the company.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    OMG - you paid $100 for that? Didn't you go have a look at Walmart?
  • Reply 2 of 11
    I think one of my friends in college designed this as a junior year mechanical engineering project. (about 3 years ago).

Anyway, I looked at this page (Discountjouicers.com) and bought the LeQuip. It's very nice, although I did enjoy reading the bit about the "Champ" blender crushing 2 Liters of ice in 6 seconds or whatnot.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by the cool gut

OMG - you paid $100 for that? Didn't you go have a look at Walmart?

Cheap blenders are crap. $100 is still pretty much on the low end. If you follow the link I put in the previous post and click through to the "most powerful blender" comparison, you can see that it's so clear what makes a $400 blender cost $400. The other nice thing about good blenders (~$100 and up) is that the blade and transmission are integrated into the carafe, so they are very easy to clean.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Cheap blenders are crap. $100 is still pretty much on the low end. If you follow the link I put in the previous post and click through to the "most powerful blender" comparison, you can see that it's so clear what makes a $400 blender cost $400. The other nice thing about good blenders (~$100 and up) is that the blade and transmission are integrated into the carafe, so they are very easy to clean.

I don't believe he bought a "good" blender though. That's what I meant - if he was going to buy something cheaply made - go to Walmart.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Quote:

Originally posted by the cool gut

I don't believe he bought a "good" blender though. That's what I meant - if he was going to buy something cheaply made - go to Walmart.

Exactly. I am not expecting this thing to be the cure for cancer, just will be fun to try out on some culinary experiments. And heck buy one get one free, that knocks one of my Christmas presents out of the way

But seriously, my father bought a Flow Bee from an infomercial and he loves the thing and it truly lives up to the commercial
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Dear me - it must be genetic!
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Don't listen to the nay-sayers.

I personally love the magic bullet. Because of its small cup, it grinds really well. Also, if you make a smoothie with milk, it is better because when you fill it up, there isn;t a bunch of air to make a cup into five.

I routinely make no-fat fully-of-fruit shakes. I take frozen strawberries and fill it up. Then i pour banana nectar (Looza makes the one i use but there are a bunch) then three packets of splenda. If you like it a bit thinner, then use a bit less strawberries. I think i found it is about 200 calories for a big shake.

To reduce calories, use water rather than nectar.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    $25 blender from Walmart has worked like champ for more then 6 years. What's the fuss about?
  • Reply 9 of 11
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Believe it or not, there is a long standing fued between blender elitists and naysayers.

Although... their holy war doesn't hold a candle to the whole quality/metal vacumn cleaner issue.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jwink3101

Don't listen to the nay-sayers.

I personally love the magic bullet. Because of its small cup, it grinds really well. Also, if you make a smoothie with milk, it is better because when you fill it up, there isn;t a bunch of air to make a cup into five.

I routinely make no-fat fully-of-fruit shakes. I take frozen strawberries and fill it up. Then i pour banana nectar (Looza makes the one i use but there are a bunch) then three packets of splenda. If you like it a bit thinner, then use a bit less strawberries. I think i found it is about 200 calories for a big shake.

To reduce calories, use water rather than nectar.

My real test will be the cheesecake
  • Reply 11 of 11

Before going for an infomercial one must know full details about the infomercial company