Pages Default Settings

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
How do I change some of the default settings in pages? I dislike that everytime I open up Pages, the view is at 125% and that the ruler doesn't show up. Is there a way to make those the settings for every new document?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by jayhigh

How do I change some of the default settings in pages? I dislike that everytime I open up Pages, the view is at 125% and that the ruler doesn't show up. Is there a way to make those the settings for every new document?

Change all the things that you want and create a template for it. I used the Blank template and changed all the styles to use the fonts I wanted, changed the % view I wanted and saved it as a template. Now I change the template a little bit each time I'm using it when I find something I need changed (double-spacing, etc.). Works like a charm.

The beauty of this method, though it seems a bit annoying, is that you can have a template that is grossly enlarged if it uses small text for things - maybe a form or something to that extent - and a template that shows you more of the page so you can format the document better. Just depends on the work you're doing at the time, I guess.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    thanks a lot! that's probably the only thing i didn't look at while trying to figure it out. thanks again!