HELP! Sharing in iTunes 5

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
With iTunes 4.9 I shared my music library with both of the users on my iMac. When I upgraded to iTunes 5 my iTunes account would open, but iTunes will not even open on my wifes side of the computer. It says something like does not permission to do so. I have her as an admin and it still persists. I cannot find a way to even open iTunes 5 on her side. I want to share the music between the two because it containes both of our libraries combined because we like most of the same music and this way we don't have to have 2 copies of each song on the hard drive.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Macaddict16

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:

Originally posted by Macaddict16

With iTunes 4.9 I shared my music library with both of the users on my iMac. When I upgraded to iTunes 5 my iTunes account would open, but iTunes will not even open on my wifes side of the computer. It says something like does not permission to do so. I have her as an admin and it still persists. I cannot find a way to even open iTunes 5 on her side. I want to share the music between the two because it containes both of our libraries combined because we like most of the same music and this way we don't have to have 2 copies of each song on the hard drive.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Macaddict16

give us a list of you comps specs please(for next time you post) . from what it sounds like, you need to open your home window, click on -> Music -> iTunes. in there you will find a folder called "iTunes Music" Drag that to your HD on your desktop . open up the users account that you want to add the music to. go to the file menu and select "Add to Library" Choose your folder from the HD. this may double the space that your mucis takes up on your library; but i don't have that problem thanx to very large HD :-P.

If you want to share music using itune without actaully having the songs rights, make sure that the prefs in iTunes on BOTH accounts have "share music" and "look for shared music" turned on in the iTunes prefs. BOTH accounts have to be LOGGED in to access those shared songs. I'm sure this isn't what you wanted you hear, but thats i'll i no, goodluck.