iPod Video on Oct the 12th !!!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
A big event will take place in London on the 12th of october -around 6p.m. local time- where Apple will launch "something cool with video inside...".

Your guess is as good as mine...

I can't cite my source, but trust me, it's good enough!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by inseader

A big event will take place in London on the 12th of october -around 6p.m. local time- where Apple will launch "something cool with video inside...".

My sources say, iPod 3D. It generates a holodeck-ish environment around you placing your right *inside* your favorite music video.

Trust me! My source comes straight from 1 Infinite Loop. Many bothans have died delivering this information.
  • Reply 2 of 38
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member

Bothans! Man, I love AppleInsider!

V/R,

Aries 1B

• Reply 3 of 38
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    Airport with video support. Airport AV, the Media Center PC Killer.

You have no idea how many times I had to bone Phil Schiller to get this info. Anyone have a pumice stone?

--B
  • Reply 4 of 38
    ok...

why oct. 12th?

why "something cool w/ video inside"?

I WANT PROOF, inseader...

I thought the the conference (can't remember the name, but has something to do with digital home...help?) was to be held oct. 14-16.
  • Reply 5 of 38
    Quote:

OMFG R U FREAKIN SERIOUS!!! u can always count on apple to come out with the best of the best, and apple insider to tell you about it... thanks man

peace
  • Reply 6 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by alexluft

ok...

why oct. 12th?

why "something cool w/ video inside"?

I WANT PROOF, inseader...

I thought the the conference (can't remember the name, but has something to do with digital home...help?) was to be held oct. 14-16.

Oct 12, 1492 - Columbus discovers America

Oct 12, 2005 - Your TV discovers the Mac (via AirportAV)

• Reply 7 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bill M

Oct 12, 1492 - Columbus discovers America

Oct 12, 2005 - Your TV discovers the Mac (via AirportAV)

That would be great if they did that...
  • Reply 8 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by alexluft

That would be great if they did that...

Actually, I am sure it is the defacto evolution for the current Airport Express, but I am not sure if the technology is there yet. Streaming iMovies and iPhoto shows with full remote control of your Mac from your living room TV or home theater via AiportAV? would be way cool though.
  • Reply 9 of 38
    i hope you provide some details before think secret sees this thread and posts a proclaimation of their own...but this would rock my socks...and explain the lack of recent 'great products in the pipeline'
  • Reply 10 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by cj171

i hope you provide some details before think secret sees this thread and posts a proclaimation of their own...but this would rock my socks...and explain the lack of recent 'great products in the pipeline'

Ok, maybe my choice of words was poor at best. It's not so much that "I am sure", but rather that "My guess is that" the logic next step would be adding video and remote control of your Mac to Airport Express. I obviously have no inside knowledge, just some wild wishful thinking mind like most everyone on this board.

But, now that I give it a little more thought, I certainly hope Apple brings something like this SOON.

8)
  • Reply 11 of 38
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

The transparent videoPod

Many guppies and mittens died for me to be able to show you this.
  • Reply 12 of 38
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    Someone over at the MacRumors forums who nailed the iPod nano details three weeks before it's release (they even got the headphone jack location correct) posted some details about this iPod AV...

The iPod AV or whatever it will be called will have WiFi allowing it to work with the Airport Express AV to stream music (and presumably video) to your stereo or television set. So it will act as both a remote control and storage. The iTunes Music Store will be updated the same day with more music video and movie trailer content. Sharing your iMovie content might also be a feature. No hollywood movies or anything like that but I imagine we will see that one day with a future device. Capacity of 80GB, maybe 100GB at a price of $449 or higher. To be announced around October 7th. The 12th might be more likely.
  • Reply 13 of 38
    I have no details except that this isn't a local even. Guests have been advised that they'll see the product launch from a videoconference setup with the US.

Apple Europe is the host and people invited come from various european countries.
  • Reply 14 of 38

• Reply 15 of 38
    Apple simply bring it on whatever it maybe

I can't wait to find out for sure.

Rob
  • Reply 16 of 38
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    Sony has UMD videos for the PSP, why shouldn't Apple sell the same movies for a video iPod via the iTunes movie store? I doubt that Holiwood would have a problem with low res Mpeg4 movies being available for download.
  • Reply 17 of 38
    And Apple are currently quietly updating the Mini with 64MB VRAM and a faster HD instead of upping the GPU and keeping the 32MB ...
  • Reply 18 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by Addison

Sony has UMD videos for the PSP, why shouldn't Apple sell the same movies for a video iPod via the iTunes movie store? I doubt that Holiwood would have a problem with low res Mpeg4 movies being available for download.

Just a quick question, do Sony not own the rights to all of the films they sellon UMD? Sure I heard somewhere that they effectively bought certain films to ensure they had something to put on UMD, but I may be wrong.
  • Reply 19 of 38
    What would be cool is a box that can be part of my AV setup and allows me to pull audio and video from iTunes via wi-fi and possibly ethernet. It's got all the analogue outs - composite, s-video, component or RGB(depending on market), HDMI with HDCP, analogue stereo via phono(think they are called something else in the US, not the 35mm portable headphone jack), opticial digital audio and possibly coax digital audio.

A wi-fi capable handset would also be good for when you are in another room and want to change whats playing or change the volume etc.

This would rock.
  • Reply 20 of 38
    Finally a new rumor!! And a good one at least...