Epson Photo R300, Tiger, Epson Printer utility and Airport help needed

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just bought this printer, hooked it up to my Airport Express and Rendevouz took are of the rest. Quite smooth compared to all other printer installations I have ver done. And the prits look good.

But I cannot get the printer utility to see the printer. It doesn´t come up on the list.

Anyone know what to do?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Did you click Add from the Printer Setup Utility? Or is that what you're trying to do and it doesn't show up there? I just installed a Canon printer last night, but I had to do the following:

1.) Plug it into the Mac via USB.

2.) Install drivers from CD-ROM and reboot.

3.) Add the printer as default from Printer Setup Utility/Print & Fax preferences.

4.) Unplug from Mac and plug it into Airport Express.

5.) Add the printer as default (this time from the Bonjour list) and remove the old setting.

Basically, I got it working on USB first, then plugged it into the base station and got it working wirelessly. Still a lot faster/easier than trying to setup my Windows machine with Bonjour for Windows, as I still can't get it to print from there. I was able to print from my iBook without ANY configuration whatsoever.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    Quote:

Originally posted by geekdreams

Did you click Add from the Printer Setup Utility? Or is that what you're trying to do and it doesn't show up there? I just installed a Canon printer last night, but I had to do the following:

1.) Plug it into the Mac via USB.

2.) Install drivers from CD-ROM and reboot.

3.) Add the printer as default from Printer Setup Utility/Print & Fax preferences.

4.) Unplug from Mac and plug it into Airport Express.

5.) Add the printer as default (this time from the Bonjour list) and remove the old setting.

Basically, I got it working on USB first, then plugged it into the base station and got it working wirelessly. Still a lot faster/easier than trying to setup my Windows machine with Bonjour for Windows, as I still can't get it to print from there. I was able to print from my iBook without ANY configuration whatsoever.

yeah- I have the R300 and this is similar to what I did when I had it on my airport extreme. Hook up normally and then hook up to router and add it again, but keep the old USB one added to the list so if you encounter any problems it still will work over USB.

I can't remember, but I'm not sure the print utility would work over wireless so whenever I wanted something I'd hook it up over USB to use the utility (it was a pain, but happened not very frequently)