Adjusting, moving layers in Photoshop CS2

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I need to take an image from one picture and merge it with a second picture (background). In addition, I want to move the first picture to the back. How can I accomplish this?

I have, using the magnatec lasso, moved the picture to the first picture to the second, but can't find a way to move the image behind a second image on the second photo.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Need to clarify my second paragraph.

I was able to move the image from the first photo to the second photo. However can't do much else. I would like to move the image (layer) behind another image on the background.

I've seen it done in earlier versions, but cant find it here. Thanks
  • Reply 2 of 7
    grab the layer you added in the layers pallete and drag it under the first layer. if the first layer is "background" then double click that layer and it will change to layer zero after you hit okay.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by admactanium

grab the layer you added in the layers pallete and drag it under the first layer. if the first layer is "background" then double click that layer and it will change to layer zero after you hit okay.

Thanks!! Worked like a charm!

Can you tell me how to resize a layer. Know how to resize image, but want to just resize image
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Virtual Warrior

Thanks!! Worked like a charm!

Can you tell me how to resize a layer. Know how to resize image, but want to just resize image

Command-T. (Or Edit > Free Transform)
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by gregmightdothat

Command-T. (Or Edit > Free Transform)

Greg!

I can't send you a check just yet, but I owe you dinner

ok, not wanting to seem greedy, but one last thing

I have the first image (my daughter), and I want to place her between two cableheads (background).

However when I do send to back or send backward, her image disappears completely. What can I do to have it just go behind the cables?

Thanks!
  • Reply 6 of 7
    that's a much more complex question and one that's not easily answered. perhaps you should buy a photoshop book or find an online tutorial to walk you through all the steps. not being a dick, but these questions could go on forever and they're all over the place as far as complexity and level of difficulty.

the best way to do what you're asking is to use a layer mask. if you're not familiar with alpha channels than layer masks won't be easy to understand. especially since the mask itself is usually invisible. but if you're familiar with alpha channels then layer masks are the way to accomplish what you want.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I HATE PHOTOSHOP LAYER MANAGEMENT

Just thought I'd contribute.