iWork installation problem..

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I just received my copy of iWork and tried to install it, but to no avail. The installer starts, I go through the licencing bit but then it stops and says this:

WTF?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    are you installing on a computer that came with it installed, like the trials they were giving out with Tiger, i hear that needed to be uninstalled (Spotlight iWork) in order to install a pay-for version.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Quote:

Originally posted by theapplegenius

are you installing on a computer that came with it installed, like the trials they were giving out with Tiger, i hear that needed to be uninstalled (Spotlight iWork) in order to install a pay-for version.

Yes I am, and yes you are right. I Spotligh-ted iWork Trial version and afterwards my pay-for version got installed properly.

So, thank you.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    I have this problem also, when you say you spotlighted it, was this to find all the files and associated files and drag them to the trash (in order to uninstall)? Or what did you need to do?

Thanks

Denver
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by DenverKirrane

I have this problem also, when you say you spotlighted it, was this to find all the files and associated files and drag them to the trash (in order to uninstall)? Or what did you need to do?

Thanks

Denver

Yes, correct, I deleted all files that came with the Trial version of iWork on my computer and then it installed just fine.

Search for them in Spotlight and delete them before installing the new copy. That's what I did and it worked fine.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    You don't need to uninstall the trial version of iWork. Simply launch the trial and enter in the serial number that came with the full-retail version of iWork.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Quote:

Originally posted by King Chung Huang

You don't need to uninstall the trial version of iWork. Simply launch the trial and enter in the serial number that came with the full-retail version of iWork.

Not in my case. All I got when my trial expired was "Close" and "Buy". If I hit "Buy" it would redirect me to store.apple.com to purchase iWork. Which I already had done.