Future pro form factor color?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Everyone seems to be expecting a form factor change for the pro machines because of the intel switch. And here's my new idea for color....Black!

We've got white nanos, white machines, black nano....nothing. it seems like other than the ipod mini ipods match their machines so I think in the near future apple's consumer line will be white and it's pro line will black.

White ibooks,imacs,ipods......Black powerbooks,powermacs,ipods.

And they'll use some type of day and night campain or something.

What do you all think?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    best forum post ever, seriously
  • Reply 2 of 4
    thinkthink Posts: 14member
    Because of the new iPod nano color selection and the heavy sales of the black version, I can see that black may well be the next white for Apple. However, I certainly hope that this isn't true. I say this only because many retail Windows-based computers and other home electronic devices (plasma TVs, revievers, DVD players, etc) seem to be in some combination of black and silver. Take a look at Dell's Inspiron 6000 and 9300 - both of these laptops are silver, white and black, in a combination that while eye-pleasing to some is an eyesore to me.

I don't even want to speculate on the next color choice for the new Macs. Gunmetal sounds unique enough, and while I personally would like to see a gunmetal enclosure for the next Macs, I'm sure many would raise hell over this. I just hope that Apple's next professional enclosure color choice/combination is a unique one, different from everything else on the market.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Think

... Gunmetal sounds unique enough, and while I personally would like to see a gunmetal enclosure for the next Macs, I'm sure many would raise hell over this. ...

I like gunmetal, that's good. I've always suggested a translucent electric blue. Skinnable would be cool too, where you take off an outer clear plastic shell and put in tiger print, etc. Yes, I know you said "pro" but pros like to have fun too.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    surfratsurfrat Posts: 341member
    Quote:

Originally posted by grad student

best forum post ever, seriously

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!