Not impressed

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Not impressed. If I want to take TV shows with me i'd put them on my Pocket PC like I have been doing for years. Free and legal too.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    so what...

if i want music with me i take my iPod and go out as I used to...

but that new shiny black thing with it's big-o-hd is winking at me

[edit]selbstverstandlich, the music is not for free but 100% legal and less distracting when i'm walking or cycling [/edit]
  • Reply 2 of 10
    vinney57vinney57 Posts: 1,162member
    Quote:

Originally posted by archer75

Not impressed. If I want to take TV shows with me i'd put them on my Pocket PC like I have been doing for years. Free and legal too.

Well carry on. What's this got to do with anything?
  • Reply 3 of 10
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Quote:

i know man just deal with it
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:

How is it free or even legal?
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Matthew Yohe

How is it free or even legal?

Fair use.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Fair use.

That's assuming archer75 is ripping the shows himself.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Or receiving them over broadcast. No different than a VCR. Record, playback for private use = fair use.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    It's not like you buy it in order to watch videos, it's just a logical addon that everyone has been expecting since the iPod first came out...
  • Reply 10 of 10
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Quote:

Originally posted by adam07

It's not like you buy it in order to watch videos, it's just a logical addon that everyone has been expecting since the iPod first came out...

Could be a terrific educational tool if I can load up my created CD or DVD slideshows or mini-programs to the iPod, take it to class, plug it in via the cable (wireless anyone?) and show it on the ubiquitous TVs or via Projectors in class rather than carry and rig a PB. Of course, my students will probably be sitting in the back of the room watching Desperate Housewives when they should be watching Rome\