No email notifications from iCal

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I set an iCal event to email me a notification prior to the event, but never receive anything. What are the conditions under which this is supposed to work? (The machine was booted and I was logged in).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    regreg Posts: 832member
    From the iCal help

\t\t \tI'm not receiving alarms

If you chose to receive an email alarm before an event or To Do item occurs (in the "alarms" pop-up menu in the Info drawer), but you're not receiving the email, check the following:

?

If you're not receiving email alarms, make sure your email information is correct in Address Book (in the Applications folder). You should also make sure Mac OS X Mail is set up correctly and working.

?

If you're not receiving alarms when iCal is closed, make sure the "Turn off alarms when iCal is not open" checkbox is not selected in the Advanced pane of iCal preferences.

The turn off alarms is not checked as a default. You could be sending your email to a wrong account (I did that for one event).

The email is very useful for me, I just wish that you could have birthdays send you an email the day before. That is a read only cal and does not let you put an alarm in it.

reg
  • Reply 2 of 2
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    Unfortunately, I had checked all of those beforehand... still no email alerts. I might see about reseting the iCal settings and going from there. Nobody else seems to have this problem, so it must be specific to my machine.

Thanks,

Mike.