iTunes feedback. It sucks?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
hey all,

im constantly thinking of things i'd like to see in future versions of iTunes, but there is no longer an iTunes feedback. There is one for ITM, which lets you suggest songs/albums/artists that you'd like to see (here in Australia we dont have any at all!!)

So where can i leave proper feedback? I know that i used to be able to.

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    here's two things that i dont think are within iTunes:

the option to search lyrics (which can also be disabled, as searching through lyrics ALL the time would bring up way too many results)

and also if you insert a CD, and import it, it should come up with a message if any of the tunes are already present in your music library, ie duplicates.

Currently it does something similar in that i checks if you've already imported the CD and gives you the option to re-import it, but there is nothing for individual tracks.

Eg, if i were to import a Rolling Stones album with 'Satisfaction' on it, then import a Best of Album also with it on it (and forget to uncheck it on the second import) i would have two copies of it!

iPhoto recognises duplicate photos, if you've imported an image and it's still on the camera, so it makes sense that iTunes should do something similar.

Also, with the searchable lyrics: i have over 2 dozen hour-long DJ Mixes, and i've realised that the Lyrics tab is great for putting in the entire track listing, but i cant search it. So if i had a mix that included a remix of Led Zeppelin's 'Immigrant Song' then it wouldn't show up (unless i also had it as an individual track - which i do)

that's all i've got right now, but i cant even send leave Feedback. The only feedback option i get it reffering directly to the itunes music storm, which STILL hasn't yet been released in Australia - but it meant to be any day now.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    It both sucks and blows.

It's a transformer!

Sorry, but I just watched Spaceballs and when I saw the thread topic...

Your answer is...

Sign up for a free ADC account and submit your requests/features/enhancements to Radarweb, under severity classification are options for requesting features or enhancements.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Ok. i used Apple's general feedback page and sent this:

"In Australia we haven't got the iTune's music store, but i am constantly thinking of features that should be within the application. However you no longer have a dedicated feature request page for iTunes - only for songs/artists/genres in regard to the store.

Can you please add 'Feature Reguest' to that list? You used to have it, before the music store existed/took off.

That would be great.

Thank you"

Hopefully they react. Has anyone had luck with feature requests/feedback? Do they actually take it seriously?

Thanks
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I repeat...

Quote:

Originally posted by Electric Monk

Sign up for a free ADC account and submit your requests/features/enhancements to Radarweb, under severity classification are options for requesting features or enhancements.

These they check. General feedback is not such a high priority. Even if you had an option for it I think it would just go in the big slush intern file, Radarweb items have to be checked by a moderately qualified person.