?Safari displaying stuff like ?this?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
here's an exerpt of what's going on:

? Facilitate consumer development by helping customers learn in a ?hands on? way

? Assist customers 1:1 with creative projects by adjusting teaching style and pace to meet individual customer needs

what i suspect is that the website is using a font that i don't have loaded into my fontbook - at first anyway.

i noticed that what it is omitting is bullet points and quotation marks, which i can see perfectly fine on other websites. what gives? anyone have any experience with this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Trans9B

here's an exerpt of what's going on:

? Facilitate consumer development by helping customers learn in a ?hands on? way

? Assist customers 1:1 with creative projects by adjusting teaching style and pace to meet individual customer needs

what i suspect is that the website is using a font that i don't have loaded into my fontbook - at first anyway.

i noticed that what it is omitting is bullet points and quotation marks, which i can see perfectly fine on other websites. what gives? anyone have any experience with this?

What website?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    that exerpt is from apple's job website, but i just noticed safari is doing the same thing here on good old AI...
  • Reply 3 of 5
    regreg Posts: 832member
    I believe what you are seeing is packet errors not a font problem.

reg
  • Reply 4 of 5
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    Try changning your 'Text Encoding' to Unicode. (Under 'view')
  • Reply 5 of 5
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    This happens in Firefox too.