Apple's front page tag lines meaningless?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
In order to understand what I'm about to write, you must have read the ThinkSecret article posted yesterday. I'm sure we all have. Basically, flat panel iMac and speed bumps at MWSF.

Now, today's Apple front page tag line says "To go where no PC has gone before."

For me, this begs the question: do those little MWSF countdown blurbs mean anything? Are they at all based in the reality of what Apple is planning to show us? Or, are they just tags that Apple's marketing department cooked up to get people excited, without even considering what's going to happen during the keynote?

I don't see anything in the ThinkSecret article that's "where no PC has gone before." Unless you count the flat panel iMac. That's really the only thing from the article that could *possibly* fit, but it doesn't. PC's have gone there. Heck, every notebook PC has an integrated flat panel screen. And, if that is it, I can tell you why no PC has gone there: for $1800 no one would buy it. I'm sure Sony and others have thought about doing such a thing - integrated LCD screen, in and of itself, is not that innovative. It's certainly not of "where no PC has gone before" caliber.

So, either the tags are meaningless, or we are getting something more than what ThinkSecret is predicting.